Finding the correct usage for a word

by Peter

Is using the phrase "life issues" correct since both "life" and 'issues' are nouns. I could not find an adjective for "life" in this context.

Comments for Finding the correct usage for a word

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 16, 2017
When one noun modifies another
by: Audrey

One noun that modifies another is called an attributive noun. That is what you have in life issues. It is perfectly acceptable and understood by native speakers.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Pesky Writing Problems.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.

This is Jack Popjes and one of his published books. He and I worked on multiple projects. He's  met many goals.

Meet your writing goals in 2023.

Click to start NOW

Free Newsletter

Sign up below for

Editor's Notes 

Inspiration and Writing Tips 

and receive tips 
to maximize 
your use of MS Word.

Click for more information 
and archived copies...

Or sign up using the form below 
to start your subscription right away.

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Editor's Notes.