Fulfill Your Dream
Through Editing Services
Do you need editing services to fulfill your dream of publishing success?
Of course you've done the best you can with your writing. You may even have asked Aunt Cindy; Mrs. Brown, your English teacher; or your best friend Jim to give you comments.
As a self-publishing author, you may be in a hurry to get your words into print or online. Publishing houses hire editors to make sure their authors produce the best books possible. As an independent writer, you are on your own to find professional support. Hold yourself in check and get the help you need before you go to print.
What do you need to make your self-published project the best it can be?
Each project needs its own unique combination of editing services.
Do you need
You will find all of the above right here.
- substantive editing for an overall critique that shows your troublesome writing habits or saves you from making fatal errors in structure?
- line editing to make your writing consistent, smooth, and compelling so your reader moves effortlessly through your material?
- copy editing to correct the grammar, spelling, and punctuation so your book doesn't look like a bride with ketchup on her dress?
- educative editing, a service that uses your own work to guide you to a life-time of better writing that will give you ongoing confidence in your own writing based on knowledge?
Read the testimonials from enthusiastic clients so you can easily see what others have thought of my editing services. There are other recommendations at LinkedIn.
When you are ready to work with me, we begin with a sample edit on a short piece of your writing. Your returned edit also includes an individual quote for the full range of my services. In one go, you discover important ways to improve your writing, you know what I can do for you personally, and you know what it costs to edit your project at the level you choose.
If you are not ready for editing, but want to improve your writing or learn more about self-publishing…
Writer's Helper gives you
- writing tips so you, the author, can create clear and compelling text with ease and elegance.
- information on editing and publishing to put you ahead of the crowd in the rush to self publishing.
- writing courses, some free, to meet your individual needs.
- a free newsletter to inspire you and to give you additional information not on this site.
If you move with the times, click the like button on the Facebook page WritersHelperEditorwhere you can interact with me and with other writers.
In the mean time...
...use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
This site keeps growing over time. If you have a question or idea to share, you can post it directly to the site through the Writing Community page.
You might want to start your investigation of this site by visiting our most popular pages below…
- Editor's Blog
- Breaking news on writing, editing, and self-publishing. Reminders of good writing principles. Editor's Blog keeps you abreast of issues related to your craft. Audrey researches so you can write.
- Sample Edit: Minimal Fee Or Free?
- A sample edit lets you test-drive Writer's Helper editor's service and assures that the quote is tailored to your writing. Learn how to get your sample edit for free.
- Get Your Writing Fighting Fit -- Self-Editing Secrets Revealed
- Finally, information for writers on how to self-edit! Editing secrets revealed by a professional editor.
- Craft of Writing
- The craft of writing continues to challenge even the most experienced writers. Read tips on a wide range of topics of interest to serious writers.
- Self Publishing Venues
- Self-publishing options include traditional self-publishing, POD, e-books, Web sites, and blogs.
- Resources and Gifts for Writers
- Resources for the writer, including gifts others can give. Follow links to pages within Writer's Helper Web site and to other sites of value to find the best resources available on the Web.
- Writer's Style Guide
- Use the writer's style guide and the find feature on your word processor to help proofread your own work. This page explains the most common errors Writer's Helper editor, Audrey, found while editing.
- Writing Contest
- The writing contest everyone wins. Receive a 100-word critique on all submissions.
- Free Writing Courses
- Audrey Owen, editor at Writer's Helper, offers free writing courses from her site. Learn how to write correctly, and powerfully. One specific course on writing for the Web.
- Editing Services FAQ
- Editing services FAQ answered by an editor. What would you like to know about editing?
- Self Published Author Stories
- A self published author is more susceptible than other writers to the dangers of writing alone. Share the stories of other self published authors. Submit your own story.
- Book Reviews
- Book reviews: Reviews of books by self publishing authors. Includes links to services self publishers need: printers, illustrators, editors.
- Articles on Writing
- A collection of articles on writing for self publishing and other writers. These gems do not fit neatly into the structure of Writer's Helper, but are too good to leave off the site.
- Meet the Writers Helper - Editing Services for Self Publishers
- Meet the Writers' Helper who offers custom-designed editing services, with a sample edit.
- Site Map
- The site map guide to all pages at the Writer's Helper Web site. Check out editing services.
- Editor's Notes Newsletter
- A subscription to Editor's Notes, a free newsletter for writers, with a slant to self publishers, comes with a gift: a Tip Sheet on how to best use Word's Outline view.
- Advertise On This Site
- Reach the writers in your market when you advertise on Writer's Helper Web site, one of the top 1% of Web sites worldwide.
- Online Writing Community
- Writer's Helper has opened a writing community on the Web where writers can interact with each other. Come on in to share writing tips, book reviews, and favorite resources. Ask and answer questions o
- Search Writer's Helper
- Search Writer's Helper to get the most from this comprehensive Web site that offers so much help for self-publishers and other writers. Simply type in a writing topic you want to know more about to di
- Home Page Optimization for Site Build It! Clients
- Even Site Build It! clients need a little help with home page optimization. Take advantage of three levels of service from a master writer and editor.
- Become An Online Editor
- Become an online editor and work from home. Audrey Owen explains what she does. Watch the video and follow the links for more information.