for conferences or stand-alones for smaller groups
Audrey Owen, editor at Writer's Helper, offers sessions on
or the economics of writing.
With a Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction and a lifetime teaching in public school, night school, and university, Audrey Owen knows how to communicate. Her workshops are characterized by friendly advice, excellent hand-outs, and guided interaction between participants.
Writer's Helper is based in southern British Columbia, Canada. Travel is an option, so let's be creative if you live in another region.
You can choose from the list of topics below, or inquire about topics designed for your group.
- Dialogue: What It's For and How to Write It
- Reduce (your rejections), Reuse (your research), Recycle (into new formats): Getting the Most From Your Writing
- Using Grammar to Make a Point: What Your High School English Teacher Wishes You Remembered
- Readability: How to Adjust Your Writing to Your Audience
- Promoting Your Book
- Point of View: Beyond the Basics
- Taking Care of Business: The Agent, The Accountant, And The Attorney
- Character Types: A Jungian Primer for Writers (Note that Audrey Owen is qualified to administer the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.) This workshop deals with type in the lives of writers and their characters.
- Finding the Non-Fiction Story
- Web Sites for Writers: Stand-alone Money-maker or Book Promotion
Submit the form below to begin the conversation about a memorable learning experience for your group.